- Navigate to Google Drive
- Click on "New" document
- Select "File Upload"
You can then choose the PDF from your computer to upload.
Make Sure Everyone Can View the Document
Google puts a default setting of private on any document that is uploaded to your drive. So you will need to change the share setting by following these steps:
- Right-click on the PDF that you uploaded and select the "Share" button.
- A pop-up will open titled "Share with Others" (as seen below), click on "advanced" in the bottom right-hand corner
- Click the blue text "Change"
- Set link sharing to the second option, "On - Anyone with this link"
- Set "Access: Anyone (no sign-in required) to "View Only" from the drop-down
- Click "Save"
This means that any individual that you provide the shareable link to will be able to view the cleaning instructions you have provided.
Adding the PDF Link to Swept
Now that your document is uploaded you'll need the URL/link so that you can add it to your cleaning instructions.
- From the Share Settings on the PDF, copy the "Link to Share" field using Ctrl+C or Cmmd+C
- Log back into the Swept Web App
- Go to the cleaning instructions at the location the PDF is related to
- Type "View Cleaning Instructions Here"
- Highlight that text and click the hyperlink 🔗 button on the top right.
- Paste (Ctrl+V or Cmmd+V) the link that you had copied from the previous step and hit "Ok"
This line of text should then turn blue and have a line under it (it is now a hyperlink). Be sure to hit "Submit" on the bottom of the cleaning instructions to save this!
Verify the Upload was Successful - View as a Cleaner
- Log into the app as a Cleaner or Supervisor
- Navigate to the Location of the related PDF
- Click "Instructions"
- Click the blue text "View Cleaning Instructions Here"
- Ensure the PDF opens in the native mobile browser
If any assistance is required please do not hesitate to reach out to our Customer Success Team at email@example.com or by sending a message through the app in the blue circle on the bottom right.