The "Supervisor" user allows individuals to clock hours at a location just as a cleaner would, while maintaining the permissions and capabilities of a manager, such as changing shift times, conducting inspections, creating cleaners, adding instructions, etc.
Note: To enable this feature please contact your Customer Success Coordinator or send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
Below you will learn the following:
How to Create a New Supervisor
How to Change a Current User Account to the Supervisor Type
What Does the Web App for Supervisors Looks Like
What Does the Mobile App for Supervisors Look Like
Known Beta Issues
Note: Admin Managers must enable the "Supervisor" permission on the Manager accounts you would like to be able to create supervisors
How to Create a New Supervisor Account
Admin Managers maintain the ability to create "Manager" and "Supervisor" accounts. Therefore when the Admin Manager (or "Manager" with permission enabled) signs in to create a "Supervisor":
- Go to the "Supervisors" tab on the left-hand side
- Click the green button on the top right "Add Supervisor"
- Create the account as desired
Note: Email, Password, and Security PIN are required
How to Change a Current User Account to "Supervisor" Type
You can change the account type of any current user ("Cleaner" or "Manager") in your organization to reflect that of their actual role at your company. That means, in order to change a "Cleaner" or "Manager" to a "Supervisor" you do not need to delete and re-add their account details. All you need to do is switch over the user type from the drop-down at the top of their information.
From Cleaner to Supervisor
From Manager to Supervisor
What Does the Web App for Supervisors Look Like
The experience of a "Supervisor" appears the same as that of a "Manager" throughout the Web App. There are no differences. The functionality is limited to their permission set just as a "Manager" would be.
What Does the Mobile for Supervisors Looks Like
The experience of a "Supervisor" appears much the same as that of a "Manager" through the Mobile App. The functionality is limited to their permission set just as a "Managers" would be. The "Supervisor" will now see a fourth icon on their location screen that will allow them to sign in.
Question: "Do I need to keep both the manager and cleaner account for the individual I've changed over to a Supervisor?"
Answer: No. Once the Supervisor account has been created you may remove the remaining account (typically the original Manager account).
Question: "Which account is better to change to the Supervisor account level, the Manager or Cleaner?"
Answer: If you have a staff member that currently has both a Manager and a Cleaner account it is advisable to upgrade the cleaner account to Supervisor level. This way all of the cleaning time they have logged will remain intact.
Question: "Where will I be able to see the Supervisors hours?"
Answer: Similarly to Cleaners, you will be able to see Supervisor hours on the Cleaning Report and the Payroll report. The shifts logged by the Supervisor will be donated with a visual tag underneath their name and in the filter drop-down.
Question: "When looking at my Manager Mobile app, will I be able to see if a supervisor is on-site?"
Answer: Yes. Supervisors will be displayed as blue avatars and cleaners as green avatars on the Location and Cleaners tabs.
If you have any questions regarding this feature please contact Swept's Customer Success Team at email@example.com
Known Beta Issues:
- Supervisor Schedule indicates there are shifts where there are none present
- Supervisors do not receive urgent messages to their phone home screen (verified issue on Sept 19th)
- The Cleaning Report does not have a separate drop-down for Supervisors (verified issue on Sept 19th)
- Managers should not have the ability to delete or create Supervisors (verified issue on Sept 19th)
- The icon to show a supervisor is signed in should be blue not green on the individual location page (not tab) (verified issue on Sept 19th)
- When switching a cleaner to Supervisor you should be able to add their permissions from the same screen (verified issue on Sept 19th)
- Managers cannot separately send inspection/notes to Supervisors after completing inspection as supervisors are in the same list as Cleaners (verified issue on Sept 19th)
- Supervisors are not receiving client messages to their phone home screen
If you would like to remove the Beta Supervisor Feature from your account and wait for the above issues to be addressed please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org then we can reactivate the Supervisor feature once it is ready for general release.